It was a pretty good day with lots of room for improvement.. but hey- DAY 2... I'm still going. :)
How I did on goal:
2) Breakfast everyday
3) Find a local WW meeting and attend this week
1) I tracked! I went a couple points into my Weekly Points today to be on the safe side because lunch was difficult to eye-ball. Once more proving that in order to be successful I'm going to have to plan and pack my lunches. I can't count on the cafe downstairs. I know I need to get serious about weighing my food, counting my portions exactly, etc. None of this grey-area stuff.
2)You're reading this so - I blogged! This is huge for me. For me to come back and type this up is a very big deal. It means I'm holding myself accountable instead of skirting responsibility. (Something I do A LOT when it comes to healthy lifestyle choices) I'm making time at the end of my day to re-cap. I need to be sure to prepare for the next day during this sacred time. :)
3) I drank water! And lots of it! :) The hard thing about that is having to go back to the office kitchen a lot, which is full of goodies... especially as people are baking like crazy. But I stayed away from the temptations... hard stuff!
Today was my first day back at the office in a little over a month. I travel a LOT in my line of work; sometimes in country but mostly out of country. This last trip had me visiting back home for most of the time. Which was wonderful beyond words... and also VERY difficult. Why? All my favorite food was there and on hand... And when I talk about food I grew up with - there is NOTHING healthy about it... NOTHING. My very Italian/Hispanic/Mexican family was ready to feed me at every moment of every day! Tacos, Enchiladas, Rice, Pasta dishes galore, and more!
Picture My Big Fat Greek Wedding with a love for the Dallas Cowboys & with more of an Italian and Latin flare! :)
For five weeks my day consisted of meeting with "business partners" which meant lots of lunch and dinner meetings... tons of socializing with family and friends, which meant lots and lots of meals and snacks...
I cried almost every day being home - because of how much I love and miss everyone there... and how badly I did NOT want to return... Especially when spending time with my nieces and nephews...
BUT. I knew I had to get back. And now that I'm back -
I AM SO GRATEFUL for this opportunity to come back to my NEW hometown and get into a routine. I need a routine..... Eating out less, cooking from home more, packing my lunches, etc. I didn't have that while visiting my family...
I needed to get away and come back here... and start this commitment.. and grow stronger in my commitment before going back there...
So I'm back. And now I"m signing off so I can prepare my breakfast for tomorrow (NO, I didn't eat breakfast today again... Coffee does not mean breakfast!) and lunch...
I need help with meal plans for the week. Does anyone have a certain method they use to plan out meals? Ideas?
Veronica
PS I'm going to a WW meeting later on this week... there are SEVERAL options in the next four days! I hope and pray I land a fantastic leader from the get go.
No comments:
Post a Comment