I'm back.
Because I can't keep living like this; not when I know I was set free.
Starting Weight Watchers Points Plus program...
Week 1:
1) Starting/Tracking
2) Finding a local meeting this week
3) Blog/Journal
4) Twitter: www.twitter.com/veronica_ww
Not easy to explain why I even stopped.
But I'm back.
As a sweet friend God sent my way that has inspired me in her own weight-loss often says---
Onward and Upward!
V
"Even if good people
fall seven times, they will get back up."
Proverbs 24:16
:D! Welcome back, V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful email (I have my blog set to send comments to my email) to wake up to!!!
I've missed you.
Weight loss is a hard struggle, V. Just review some of my posts and you'll see--between the fluff--that I've been struggling since summer.
People want to discount the importance of rthe weight loss battle, but it is a tool the enemy can use against us like no other. He uses it--the struggle, not the fat--to tell us that we're not good enough, to shame us, to cause us to pull back from our service to Christ.
Well, you know, although satan is a liar, he is right about the not good enough part. That WOULD be why Christ had to die, right? The subtle lie in that message from the enemy is that we CAN become good enough and we're failing. Ha! No we can't, no we're not.
There are a lot of reasons we need to lose weight and a lot of reasons we need to stop turning to food for emotional needs, but to get good enough is not one of them.
Your position must make this struggle compounded. So much opportunity for shame. So many opportunities to be reminded that you weigh more than is healthy. I feel such compassion for you! And so angry at satan for trying to rob you of the joy and satisfaction that is fruit from your work thru Christ.
I'm glad that you are able to see the good things that God has done thru you. :D I know you are a blessing to others. I know it.
The new WW plan sounds so much healthier than their past one. I'd think it is hard to learn a new way to do what was a familiar program, but it does sound like it is an improved eating plan.
I'm working--still--on not using food as an anti-anxiety medication, as a release valve, as a comfort, as a get away. You know. I think that's the error in overeating--turning to food rather than leaning on Jesus. I give in and take the easy food way out so often. Why does that seem easier?! I think it's just habit--a habitual response.
Time to break that and get this temple rebuilt on the solid Rock. It's time to finish the work, V. In Him!
Deb
You know, it occurred to me as I was signing off that God is so good. Even tho we are strggling--and do need to lose the weight--we are still able to do His work. He does not suspend our service until we hit a number on the scale or eat clean for 7 days in a row.
We are permitted to do His work now. While we are struggling. God is good.
One step at a time and you'll get there! Read the little quote at the top of my blog...you've begun! Thanks for following, can't wait to read more on your blog.
ReplyDeleteI love your background. I also love Christmas! I can't tell if you're new to the blog world or just back from a hiatus, but either way welcome! I really like that proverb. Very powerful. You can do this! Keep up the good work :)
ReplyDelete