Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Just Do It

Nike came out with the "Just Do It" campaign in 1988. They say it was meant to be "A call to action, a refusal to hear excuses, and a license to be eccentric, courageous and exceptional. It invited dreams."

This Christmas break I kept looking at Michelle's tennis shoes. White & Red Nike's with a red Nike swoosh at the top of her toes. And I kept hearing in my head, "Just Do It, Veronica."

Do what?

IT. 

Lose the weight and run my marathon. I don't mean "wait until I lose weight" to run my marathon, but those are the two things I've wanted to accomplish my entire adult life. 

I just want IT to happen this time. 

But I'm realizing it won't happen until I just DO IT. 

So. 

In about an hour, I'm putting on my new running shoes and headed outdoors. And I'm just going to start.
I have a plan that worked great for me the first 5k I ran four years ago.

Me in 2006 after my first 5K.



And I have a race/goal that happens right at the end of my 5k training plan. 

So this is me refusing to give or hear excuses. This is me accepting my license to be courageous, eccentric and exceptional. This is me putting action to my dreams!

xo, Veronica


3 comments:

  1. :D! You go, girl! Wahoo, you! :D!

    This is the time for the exceptional Veronica to shine!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, girl! I know you can :) And i believe in you! I'll be with you every step along the way :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete